Re: Help with xAP Send please

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Stuart Booth <lists@...> wrote:

> I'm assuming this is the xFx-based Send utility rather than one of the
> several others?

Yes it is - I didn't realise there were others!

> What's the path? Is it a long filename style path with spaces or stuff
> like that? How about experimenting with a really simple file location
> such as C:\Test.xAP ?

I'm wondering if this is the problem as I've managed to get the
Batchrun program to run ok and that has a shorter path and no spaces.
Unfortunately 'Send' is in the \Program Files\ tree and it's a bit
difficult to mess with that one!

> I've never used ACE but I could add some optional logging that would
> report events in the event log. This might determine if it's even
> being called, or if it's being passed some parameters it isn't
> enjoying for some reason.
>
> Let me know if we need to try this.

At the moment I have got the ACE VBScript working by calling the
Batchrun program and using this to run Send.  It's a bit tortuous but
doesn't seem to cause a noticeable delay.  It would be more elegant to
launch Send direct from the script but it's not that important.  I'll
probablly just see how things go for a bit and dig into it if I have
some time.

Thanks for the offer of the logging - I may yet come back to you.

Rgds

Richard