xAP BSC Questions for a MediaPortal Plugin

  • Subject: xAP BSC Questions for a MediaPortal Plugin
  • From: "ptgxap" <ptgxap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:13:41 -0000

Hi everyone,

First post and I already have questions :)

I am working on a plugin for
MediaPortal(http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
to control xAP BSC devices and had some questions.
(Using the xAPFramework btw)

I was wondering if there were common conventions
used in the BSC messages that are not part of the
spec but are used commonly.

One example I gathered from reading some posts is that
a URL to an image is passed in the "DisplayText" via
the HomeSeer plugin. I was going to let users show this
image but was not sure what it represented.
Is this a "Stateful" image or a general image representing the
device?

Another question is temp control.
I know the BSC schema does not support a min value
but is there a common way this is handled?
Again for example, does HomeSeer have temp devices that are
xAP enabled via the connector plugin?
If so, how are these handled?

Thanks for any help!
patrick