Re: Re: xAP Weather Type Mismatch Error

--------------050608030902070902070001

Hi,
Well i might have some good news for you on this:
www.mi4.biz/files/testing/20061211weather.zip
I'm pretty sure I've found the offending line. While the data is checked
before loading the windspeed has a calculation appplied to it prior to
the checks. When windspeed became N/A it broke. I've been running the
enclosed exe for 5 days here and no crashes, so could you give it a go
and see how you get on?

Thanks

James

darrenp_lock wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I have been running this for a number of weeks now and I get about 2-
> 3 outages a week from the BBC site. I think the reason this worked OK
> before my rebuild was that I was using a different (incorrect)
> station id. I think you would only need to leave xAPWeather running
> for a week using world=4130 to replicate the problem. It would be
> really good if you could catch this error as my xAPWeather runs on an
> unattended server in the loft and I have to keep checking :(
>
> Rgds, Darren.
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Darren,
>> I tried this yesterday and got the same error. The trouble was
that

> the
>
>> bbc site had no data. In the Current Nearest Observations it had
>>
> N/A for
>
>> everything.  Today, however, it has lots of data and xAP
Weather185
>> works fine.
>> I'm guessing there is something in there trying to load a n/a  in
>>
> to a
>
>> number field, hence the error. I'll try and replicate the issue.
>> For now could you give it another go?
>> James
>> darrenp_lock wrote:
>>
>>> Ah ha! OK so I applied patch 1.8.5, deleted my .ini and tried
>>>
> again.
>
>>> Hold breath, cross toes.... nope still same error. However,
>>>
> my .ini
>
>>> is much similar to yours now Edward:
>>>
>>> Station=world=4130
>>> Forecast=
>>> Longitude=-3.62
>>> Latitude=52.07
>>> CorF=c
>>> MorK=m
>>> Proxy=
>>> UID=4001
>>> TimeBetweenSends=600
>>> TimeBetweenCollections=1200
>>> AdjSunrise=
>>> AdjSunset=
>>> Slimp3=No
>>> Tivo=No
>>> UseHubPort=Yes
>>>
>>> I am wondering, that because this is a rebuild, if I am
missing a
>>> dependecy of some sort?
>>>
>>> NB: I have xAPSwitchboard installed and that appears to be
fine.

>>> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Edward Pearson"

error and

>>> the

>>> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------050608030902070902070001

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

Hi,<br>
Well i might have some good news for you on this:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/20061211weather.zip";>www.mi4.biz/files/testing/20061211weather.zip</a><br>
I'm pretty sure I've found the offending line. While the data is
checked before loading the windspeed has a calculation appplied to it
prior to the checks. When windspeed became N/A it broke. I've been
running the enclosed exe for 5 days here and no crashes, so could you
give it a go and see how you get on?<br>
Thanks<br>
James<br>
darrenp_lock wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi James,

I have been running this for a number of weeks now and I get about 2-
3 outages a week from the BBC site. I think the reason this worked OK
before my rebuild was that I was using a different (incorrect)
station id. I think you would only need to leave xAPWeather running
for a week using world=4130 to replicate the problem. It would be
really good if you could catch this error as my xAPWeather runs on an
unattended server in the loft and I have to keep checking :(

Rgds, Darren.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Darren,
I tried this yesterday and got the same error. The trouble was that
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->the
</pre>
<pre wrap="">bbc site had no data. In the Current Nearest
Observations it had
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->N/A for
</pre>
<pre wrap="">everything.  Today, however, it has lots of
data and xAP Weather185
works fine.
I'm guessing there is something in there trying to load a n/a  in
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->to a
</pre>
<pre wrap="">number field, hence the error. I'll try and
replicate the issue.
For now could you give it another go?
James
darrenp_lock wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Ah ha! OK so I applied patch 1.8.5, deleted my
.ini and tried
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->again.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hold breath, cross toes.... nope still same
error. However,
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->my .ini
</pre>
<pre wrap="">is much similar to yours now Edward:

Station=world=4130
Forecast=
Longitude=-3.62
Latitude=52.07
CorF=c
MorK=m
Proxy=
UID=4001
TimeBetweenSends=600
TimeBetweenCollections=1200
AdjSunrise=
AdjSunset=
Slimp3=No
Tivo=No
UseHubPort=Yes

I am wondering, that because this is a rebuild, if I am missing a
dependecy of some sort?

NB: I have xAPSwitchboard installed and that appears to be fine.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Edward Pearson"
&lt;edward.mailgroup@&gt; wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Quite different from my .ini file which is:

xAP Weather Settings
--------------------

Station=id=3834
Forecast=id=3834

Longitude=0.0715
Latitude=52.2163
CorF=c
MorK=m

Proxy=
UID=4001
TimeBetweenSends=120

From: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>

</pre>
<pre wrap="">[<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>]

</pre>
<pre wrap="">On Behalf Of darrenp_lock
I have just rebuilt my NodeZero and I have the following in my
Weather.ini file:

Station=world=4130
Forecast=world=4130
UID=4001
TimeBetweenSends=600
TimeBetweenCollections=1200
Longitude=-3.62
Latitude=52.07
Slimp3=No
Tivo=No

However, when I start xAPWeather I get a Type Mismatch error and

</pre>
<pre wrap="">the

</pre>
<pre wrap="">program exits.

These values came from the BBC Weather site at:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.bbc";>http://www.bbc</a>.
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/print/weather/5day.shtml?world=4130&print";>&lt;http://www.bbc.co.uk/print/weather/5day.shtml?world=4130&amp;print&gt;</a>