Re: Re: more questions!

--------------030407080303030205050407

Hi,

A fix for you:
http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/floorplan20060828.zip
There was a fault which happened when the uid became  0A which broke
things.

Also added,  when triggering a script from a raw device you can now
access any other value of the message from the script.
for example  if you wan the TOD item from the Time section in a
Weather.Report message then this:
x=xap.getfromraw(rawmessage,"time,tod")
will load the value into x
ie the syntax is section comma item  so to get the air pressure it would
be:
x=xap.getfromraw(rawmessage,"weather.report,airpressured")

If you're wondering RawMessage is a string holding the xAP message that
is passed to the script.

James

rleong1 wrote:
> here's a couple messages that goes thru.  same format as the failing
> one, but these are among the first 8 devices i send xpl messages for.
>  i notice the uids have changed.  the failing ones all have FF486200.
>  i guess something isn't correctly updating the uid beyond 8 devices?
>
> xap-header
> {
>     v=12
>     hop=1
>     uid=FF486201
>     class=xapbsc.info
>     source=xpl.pts.starcom.home:officelampr
> }
> output.state
> {
>     state=On
>     level=0
> }
>

> xap-header
> {
>     v=12
>     hop=1
>     uid=FF486205
>     class=xapbsc.info
>     source=xpl.pts.starcom.home:sinklight
> }
> output.state
> {
>     state=On
>     level=0
> }
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@...> wrote:
>
>> Could you send me some example sensor.basic messages that you are
>> sending? Including some that get through and some that don't.
>> There should be no reason why they don't get transfered as long as
it's
>> less than 254 devices (uid limit). When you say UID error, i
presume
>> this is from Viewer?  does it actually say what the error was,
I'm
>> guessing it is an incorrect number of characters, probably
something to
>> do with decimal to hex conversion...somewhere
>>
>> James
>>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------030407080303030205050407

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

Hi,<br>
A fix for you:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/floorplan20060828.zip";>http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/floorplan20060828.zip</a><br>
There was a fault which happened when the uid became&nbsp; 0A which
broke
things.<br>
Also added,&nbsp; when triggering a script from a raw device you can
now
access any other value of the message from the script.<br>
for example&nbsp; if you wan the TOD item from the Time section in a
Weather.Report message then this:<br>
x=xap.getfromraw(rawmessage,"time,tod")<br>
will load the value into x<br>
ie the syntax is section comma item&nbsp; so to get the air pressure it
would be:<br>
x=xap.getfromraw(rawmessage,"weather.report,airpressured")<br>
If you're wondering RawMessage is a string holding the xAP message that
is passed to the script.<br>
James<br>
rleong1 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">here's a couple messages that goes thru.  same
[...]

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Could you send me some example sensor.basic