Re: activex xap object?

  • Subject: Re: activex xap object?
  • From: "rleong1" <rleong1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 03:08:35 -0000

this is a diagram of my system and how everything is glued together.
i'll eventually update it w/ descriptions but for now here's the first
1000 words

http://www.kjsdoghouse.com/autohouse/interfaces.htm

Lehane Kellett <lehane@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll jump in with some answers...
> > >
> > > First off, what you use depends on your application. I use
xAP
> > Floorplan
> > > as my
> > > scripting engine and 'quick look' status display. Where that
isn't
> > > sufficient then
> > > I write code - anything from Pic to Perl to C# - but usually
> > handle a
> > > device.
> > >
> > > If you are using, say, Floorplan, then you don't need an
Active X
> > object
> > > - you
> > > can simply create scripts which act upon stimulii or timers.
There
> > are some
> > > 'auto' scripting features too. As an example, I have a
VBscript
which
> > > acts on
> > > presses of a single push switch to control lighting scenes
via
DMX, each
> > > press calls up a new scene, usually building on the last,
but also
> > starts a
> > > timer(10s). When the timer has expired the action of the
switch is
> > to turn
> > > all the lights off. Also for bathrooms it controls the
ventilation fans
> > > via timers.
> > > Make sure you are on the latest version if you are using
timers
in the
> > > scripts.
> > >
> > > I use global variables to hold the scene/switch state as
well as
some
> > > house status flags.
> > >
> > > The embedded html doesn't let you change variables(yet) but
there are
> > > ways around it via 'ghost' devices and some scripting. You
can
use it to
> > > embed a webcam display or some other non xAP/xPL status.
> > >
> > > I know James would like to get some examples on the pages so
keep
> > > an eye out.
> > >
> > > HTH,

by Patrick at