Re: activex xap object?

  • Subject: Re: activex xap object?
  • From: "JamesTraynor" <james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:45:35 -0000

All correct.  Globals are globals within Floorplan and can be accessed
from any timer, link, ir or any other script as described. Now i would
certainly like to anything that would make it easier to link it to
other systems. There is already a simple xml like interface used by
the floorplan ajax displays to update the icons which could be
extended to give a simple xml link to iis. Also because xPL devices
can be added exactly like xAP devices the globlas can share across
both types. I'm also working on extending the floorplan web site to
include completley custom pages, written in vbscript so you can
display anything you like, in any fashion.

The Intranet ocx, the xAP/Web engine, has been designed really with an
application in mind as it needs initiating and waiting for events on
messages, which is not so suited to scripts. Does StarCom have any
kind of api or plugin architecture?

All of my apps have started from my own requirements and have then
developed from requests and ideas from others so input on how and
where you want the data to go will certainly get wraped in to future
releases.

hth

James

Lehane Kellett <lehane@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll jump in with some answers...
> > >
> > > First off, what you use depends on your application. I use
xAP
> > Floorplan
> > > as my
> > > scripting engine and 'quick look' status display. Where that
isn't
> > > sufficient then
> > > I write code - anything from Pic to Perl to C# - but usually
> > handle a
> > > device.
> > >
> > > If you are using, say, Floorplan, then you don't need an
Active X
> > object
> > > - you
> > > can simply create scripts which act upon stimulii or timers.
There
> > are some
> > > 'auto' scripting features too. As an example, I have a
VBscript
which
> > > acts on
> > > presses of a single push switch to control lighting scenes
via
DMX, each
> > > press calls up a new scene, usually building on the last,
but also
> > starts a
> > > timer(10s). When the timer has expired the action of the
switch is
> > to turn
> > > all the lights off. Also for bathrooms it controls the
ventilation fans
> > > via timers.
> > > Make sure you are on the latest version if you are using
timers
in the
> > > scripts.
> > >
> > > I use global variables to hold the scene/switch state as
well as
some
> > > house status flags.
> > >
> > > The embedded html doesn't let you change variables(yet) but
there are
> > > ways around it via 'ghost' devices and some scripting. You
can
use it to
> > > embed a webcam display or some other non xAP/xPL status.
> > >
> > > I know James would like to get some examples on the pages so
keep
> > > an eye out.
> > >
> > > HTH,

by Patrick at