xPL integration

Anyone have much experience with xAP/xPL integration?

I'm having a play with the MediaNet server, since I have an exstreamer,
a rio, and an audiotron, and MediaNet supports at least two of them...
But it's xPL integrated, not xAP.

I understood that xPLHAL had some xAP bridging support, so that is now
installed as well.

So I have a xPL Hub (required, and a separate app from xPLHal, according
to the new spec), xPLHal, and MediaNet all installed... I had a xAP Hub
installed, but it turns out that xPLHAL is supposed to work as the xAP
hub.

Does anyone have any generic xPLHAL scripts that dump all messages from
xPL to xAP (and maybe vice versa)?

Any other "must have" xPL apps?  Now that I'm
"integrated" I guess I can
try out some of that stuff as well.

And one other question: is there a media server that has better xAP
integration?  Frankly, it would have to be pretty damn good to live up
to MediaNet so far...

TIA,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.