Re: Monitoring CPU temps and poss fans?

Replied on UKHA_D: ;-)

Paul,

I have an old xAP app that will send the data collected by speedfan over
xAP.  You can then use Floorplan or HomeSeer to run scripts on it. Give
me a shout if you want to try the app out, i'll get it dusted off! It
doesn't have a nice gui and uses a very simple schema but it does work
as i used to use it on my old server.

As for remote monitoring there are 2 xAP apps of mine that can do this.
Firstly there is Watcher which is a client app, ie only monitors the pc
that it runs on.  It looks for memory, virtual memory, hard disk space,
cpu and processes. It can send off alerts when certain tolerances are
hit. There is also a viewer app to allow easy monitoring of multiple
Watchers. You can also use Watcher, if enabled to do so, to remotely
reboot,shut-down or lock PCs, to run applications and to monitor PC use
by application title bar and by mouse movement.

xAP Ping3 is the other app. It can check by pinging, tcp connections,
odbc, http and via WMI can check hard disk space and memory usage and
does all these against remote machines. It also logs all results to a
database and can overlay the results over Houseplans or photos to allow
simple fault finding via it's web interface.

Both Watcher and Ping3 can run as services which I know you like, but
afaik Speedfan only runs as an app as does my xAP connector for it.
however i'm sure one of the various apptoservice applications would
probably help

hth

James

Paul Gale wrote:
> Posted this on UKHA_D:
>
> Does anyone monitor CPU temps on several machines and make this
available centrally to HA apps?

> I have HomeSeer 2 and xAP network - any ideas how I can do this? Would
also be interesting to get fan speed data but this isn't so crucial.