Re: Updated X10 connectors

Actually before I wasn't using wildcarding at all - in fact I haven't
used the X10 conduit for a while as my X10 was being relayed in
HomeSeer.  I was just testing my  inbuilt BSC mapper and your X10
conduit (and the Netiom) seemed the most likely applications people
might be using with it so I wanted to ensure it worked.  Was trying to
get the C-Bus wireless remote controlling X10.

Kevin

Edward Pearson wrote:

> I've not changed any code related to the areas you mention for quite a
> while. Are you saying that these are new behaviours seen with this
> release or just that you are testing this one with more demanding
> wildcard sequences than before?

Behalf Of *Kevin Hawkins
>     *Sent:* 06 August 2006 03:01
>     *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>     *Subject:* Re: [xap_automation] Updated X10 connectors at
>     www.erspearson.com
>
>     I seem to have a couple more problems Edward
>
>     1) I seem to be able to turn a device off but not on - if I send a
>     BSC off it works fine but change the state= 'off' to 'on' and it
>     doesn't. With the 'off' I see in the GUI the xAP receive
>     xAPBSCcmd:<devicename> with 1 block followed by a transmit
of the X10
>     event and then the BSC info or event message . With the on command
>     just see the xAP Receive xAPBSC.cmd:<devicename>
>
>     2) I am having a load of problems with wildcards . Temporarily I
>     have set up my names like this example to initially preserve some
X10
>     information whilst I get it working.
>
>     ERSP.X10.machine:D7.Hall.TableLamp
>
>     I tried targeting ERSP.X10.*:D7.> and nothing worked , in fact
I am
>     not sure anything works with a : in it once wildcarded. So I then
>     guessed at
>
>     ERSP.X10.*.D7.> and I got a load of devices changing state even
>     though
>     only one of mine has D7 in it. About half my X10 devices changed
>     state. When I fully qualified the target it seemed to work OK. BTW
>     am using ID=*
>
>     One of the reasons the wildcarding is quite important for me is
that
>     my little embedded mapper has limited target address space so
>     anything I
>     (or users) can wildcard saves target string storage eg
>:D7.> is much
>     more compact than the full address although *.X10.>:D7.> is
probably
>     more focussed. Eventually I will probably go for
>     >:*.Hall.TableLamp or
>     *.X10.>:*.Hall.TableLamp though or better still remove the X10
>     house/device code totally.
>     The : is now very important in wildcarding since sub addressing to
>     divide the address into the two components with the first >
matching
>     'only' to the : and the second to the end of the sub address ie a
>     match
>     anything is >:> and not *.> (the latter would not match
anything that
>     had a sub address) although it would match every application. I
>     wonder
>     if maybe this is a carry over from Stuart not fully integrating
sub
>     addressing into xFX ?
>
>     Kevin
>
>     Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>     >
>     > This could be just my setup here Edward (gosh how I hate X10)
>     but I am
>     > not reliably seeing the commands showing in the X10 connector
window
>     > (just getting housecodes)., and consequentially no events
sent. So I
>     > send D4 ON and all I see is X10 receive Address: house=D
unit=4.
>     Will
>     > try another site for my X10 receiver and see if it improves.
The