Re: Hardware embedded BSC Mapper

  • Subject: Re: Hardware embedded BSC Mapper
  • From: "darrenp_lock" <darrenlock@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:28:37 -0000

Kevin,

at that price I would be very interested. Aware of the space=20
limitations, if it could replace my current PC based solution it=20
would have to support the following:

a) Map 1 BSC Input to many BSC Outputs
b) Mask BSC Input commands i.e. may only map On but not Off or only=20
map Dim and Bright commands
c) Timer function e.g. BSC Input On maps to BSC Output On followed=20
by BSC Output Off after a period of time. (Note BSC Input Off is=20
ignored if b above could be done)
d) Level mapping e.g. if BSC Input Level greater than, equal to,=20
less than then map to BSC Output Command/Level
e) Conditional maps e.g. If BSC Input A is ON and BSC Input B is On=20
then BSC Output A On (recognise that this would mean tracking device=20
state)

Food for thought?

Rgds, Darren.
--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...>=20
wrote:

> I am looking at releasing an Ethernet connected embedded=20
controller that=20
> will allow 'mapping' of xAP BSC devices.  For example an input or=20
output=20
> on BSC device A controls an output on BSC device B.  An example=20
> 'mapping' might be Netiom input to a C-Bus / X10 light perhaps.=20=20
This=20
> would mean xAP BSC devices can be interconnected 24/7  without any=20
PC=20
> and software being required.=20
>=20
>  The device I'm guessing would hold over 50 such mappings and be=20
> configurable via a web interface and maybe a xAP schema too. It=20
would=20
> support inverted mappings and wildcarded targets.  I am hoping for=20
a=20
> target price around =A350.   (there will be no serial port on this=20
> device). I actually have this mostly running here already based on=20
> stripping the C-Bus code out of my existing C-Bus xAP gateway.=20=20
The=20
> to-do's are mainly configuration and web pages.
>=20
> Whilst refining this if anyone has any thoughts on other=20
features /=20
> ideas they might like to see included I would welcome constructive=20
> input. I have a few ideas based on my own xAP setup here but I am=20
keen=20
> to keep basic simplicity of function and required string storage=20
as=20
> small as possible as well as no additional hardware ports.=20
Reliability=20
> is a primary consideration.  The devices' firmware will be field=20
> upgradeable so I can add things later (and fix any gremlins).=20
Initially=20
> probably just mapping and web display/config will be provided.
>=20
> So fire away.....  some thoughts so far on extra features...
>=20
> A BSC device display and control webpage for any BSC devices you=20
may have
> AJAX based realtime browser updates
> xAP Intranet enabled
> Configurable by xAP messages to report/add/remove mappings
>=20
>=20
> ...and more ambitious...later updates... if space permits
>=20
> Time (clock) broadcasting
> Groups and Scenes engine
> Basic BSC scheduler functionality eg timed / periodic BSC cmd's
> Logic functionality , if..then etc   (complex & unlikely to be=20
enough space)
> .. transition to a xAP BSC controller/engine
>=20
>   Kevin

=20