xAP & the weather

I'm thinking about adding a weather station to my HA setup.

I already have a Quasar temp sensor board with 4 1-wire sensors with
that info picked and distributed by xAP.

At the moment my thoughts are to go for a 1-wire setup (weather
station + barometer + humidity) and use Weather Display software that
is 'xAP' enabled.

Couple of questions:

- Anyone else using the 1-wire weather system?  Pros and cons from
your point of view?

- Anyone aware if Weather Display can OUTPUT xAP messages containing
weather data or does it just INPUT from xAP messages?  (I couldn't
find mych about WD's "xAP enablement".)

- Anyone aware if Weather Display can take input from Quasar? (Clearly
if it can read/input from xAP it shouldn't be an issue!)

Thanks

Richard