Re: ZM .2

Hi James,

Quoting James (4/4/06 4:46 PM):
> Gregg,
>
> Having a little issue with the ZoneMinder plugin.  Previously I've
been
> running the plugin at the bash prompt with
> [~]# /usr/local/zmxap/zmxap.pl &
>  and it has been fine.

I'm surprised that works since there are relative library references
that assume that you've started zmxap from it's directory (i.e., cd
/usr/local/zmxap and then invoke zmxap).  That makes me wonder if you've
either copied the current/recent libs into a common lib area (which is
fine) or you are using old copies (not fine).

> I now wanted it to start up at boot so i added the above line to
> rc.local.  When run like this I get two heartbeats and thena
> vmi.monitorinfo for each camera, then it dies.
> The log says:
> xAP server starting at 06/04/04 21:23:19
> WARN (Monitor::checkState) Can't read from shared memory:
> Can't call method "delete" on unblessed reference at
> /usr/local/zmxap/zmxap.pl line 516.

I obviously hadn't tested zm going down.  I'll perform similar tests and
create an update.  In the mean time, you could try changing the line:

$monitor_hash->delete($self->{Id});

to:

delete $monitor_hash->{$self->{Id}};

> One little bug report,  The heartbeats have  the interval set as =1
> which implies 1 second but it actually sends it every 60seconds..

Good catch.  I'll change that as well.