Re: Update on xAP Asterisk?

  • Subject: Re: Update on xAP Asterisk?
  • From: "Christopher" <eldoradoboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:27:39 -0000

sounds like a great project coming along.. I like the idea of being
able to see calling state real time of my extensions and trunks.. ..
unless im misinterpreting your message. if I knew more about perl im
sure I could probably write what I want to do in an AGI script
and "generate" xap messages... I think what I want is real
simple..
press a number in an auto attendant which would generate a xap
message sent to my xap conduit in which homeseer would pick it up and
act on it..  2 way comms would be a plus but not even essential that
way homeseer could send bacl a "yeaay" or "neigh" which
I could have
asterisk play "confirmed" or "denied", so I would hit
"6" it turns on
a light, homeseer returns an "on" and that would be sent back
through
the conduit where the xap application would set a variable 1 or 0 and
meawhile my asterisk would be sitting at a "wait" playing me
music or
such and then compare the variable and play the appropriate prompt..
thats just my particular idea of what id like to do...
-Christopher
--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Gregg Liming <gregg@l...>
wrote:
> Quoting Christopher (9/15/05 4:05 PM):
> > I too am interested in XAP enabling my asterisk PBX. I currently
run
> > a Homeseer 1.7 setup with the XAP connector, im looking to be
able
> > to control homeseer devices, execute homeseer scripts etc via
Auto
> > attendants or extensions on my asterisk PBX. I thought that
someone
> > by the name of patrick lidstone had asterisk fully xap enabled..
did
> > he not release his code or programs to the public? is this
project
> > abandoned on his end? or is gregg's project another to operate as
> > well,
>
> I can't speak to any work that Patrick may have done; perhaps he
will
> respond.  My work on this front has taken a while to get started;
but, I
> am now (finally) making some progress.  The reason for taking a
while is
> that this approach is purely non-intrusive wrt the Asterisk
dialplan and
> I have to determine what combinations of Asterisk event sequences
cause
> a state that can be reasonably reported on.  I've also been trying
> refactor a portion of existing mh xAP code into a library that can
be
> used for projects like this and others (e.g., zoneminder).  That
being
> said, the basic approach seems to look good so far as I can now
maintain
> a calling state machine w/i the app (something that AGIs have a very
> hard time with).  In case Paul is listening, I am grabbing
> "newmessagecount" and "oldmessagecount" for
voicemail boxes that are
> user defined w/ no problem.
>
> I'm guessing that I'm a week or 2 away from something that the
"hard
> core" would find useful.
>
> > i am available for any testing like im sure many others are.
>
> That's good.  The initial "test" release will only be tested
against my
> inspection of xAP messages--not against apps like SB.  So, there
will no
> doubt be issues there.   FWIW: my real interest is with integration
with
> Misterhouse; so, my own testing w/ SB will be deferred. Also, I
would
> suggest initial testers be somewhat *nix savvy as there are a
number of
> issues like launching and perl library updates that may be a bit
> non-trivial at first.

> > started with asterisk@home but have pretty much abandoned editing
my
> > configs with AMP due to the limited functionality and so im
pretty
> > much using it now as a regular distro and manually edit my
configs.

> That's good; because, it's likely that this connector will assume a
fair
> degree of expertise w/ Asterisk and *nix.  Specfically, there is no
> "install shield"-like ease of installation; and, very
definitely no
> "snazzy" GUI.
>
> On a final note, initial functionality will be xAP messages
appropriate
> for CID, outgoing call logging, and (assuming that the schema for
MWI