Re: Re: Update on xAP Asterisk?

Quoting Paul Gale (9/16/05 2:55 AM):
> I am indeed listening Gregg :)
>
> Sounds excellent - can't wait for the first release :)
>
> On another note, I was just wondering if the following is possible.
Not sure if there's any xAP in there or just pure Asterisk:

> I'd like to be able to play audio from my video edit PC down a phone
line to my customers to hear. Is there a way to have a button on the
desktop (maybe xAP Desktop) that routes the audio into an existing call?

This sounds somewhat like "directed" music-on-hold (MOH).  It is
definitely possible to stream audio from a file that is w/i the local
file system (could be NFS mounted).  Would that be sufficient or is the
source streamed to begin with (i.e., not some mp3 file)?  Assuming that
can be worked through, the connector could be enhanced to provide that
sort of MOH "on demand" functionality that is triggered via xAP
(as well
as the selection of content of course).  Actually, I can see a number of
uses for this as it would also allow dynamic playing of standard IVR
prompts as well; or, for that matter TTS-created audio.  If all that you
really want is standard MOH; then, just enable the stock MOH function in
asterisk.

Gregg