Re: Problems with MCxAP (moved from UKHA_D)

  • Subject: Re: Problems with MCxAP (moved from UKHA_D)
  • From: Stuart Booth <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:29:26 +0100

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:59:16 +0100, "Keith Finnett"
<keith@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> That one is probably a red herring and may not actually be used. I
use
>> it for debug trace output. But I'll send you a copy offlist just
in
>> case. I assume the email address above is okay?
>
>I've downloaded the NSpring files, but send it over and we'll be on the
same
>version, etc.. That address is good.

No need, they're all the same. It hasn't changed in a looong while
now.

>> Is there anything odd about your MCE version that you know of?
It's
>> the 2005 version I assume for instance?
>
>Nope - MCE 2005, downloaded from my MSDN Universal subscription. It has
SP2
>applied.

Oh, that's interesting. I haven't applied any recent roll-up security
patches for MCE lately - or did you mean XP SP2? That's something I'll
have to try too.

>One more thing I checked is that it appears in the list of add-ins in
the
>GUI. It does, and it's checked so MCE thinks it is there.

Curious. I would have expected the log files to appear in that case. I
looked at mine on starting MCE and they have entries from today so
it's certainly actively updated.

>I just tried this, and it successfully unregistered and registered, but
no
>difference.

Oh darn. Well I think that means I need a new build with some data
logging being output for us to move on. Give me a few days as it's
somewhat involved getting new code working under MCE. I write the code
under VS2003, copy to another machine with VS2002 (MCE uses .NET v1.0
natively) to build it, copy to a virtual PC image of MCE for testing
(to save sprinting up and downstairs), then lastly install on my live
MCE machine for final testing. It's the test MCE system that's
knackered right now.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/