RE: xAP COM port interface?

  • Subject: RE: xAP COM port interface?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 09:44:43 +0100

Hi Kevin,

This is a similar request to the one I posted a while ago - I too, am still
interested :)

Not sure I still understand the process of getting a serial product in the
land of BSC though?

For example, I have an amp, DVD and plasma that I'd like to xAP enable.
They report status changes and can be controlled by serial messages (quite
a large set of possible instructions).

How would I go about doing this?

I still think a generic Serial interface of some kind would be great -
where you can define the commands to be sent and received.

Paul.

Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins