Re: xAPIntranet OCX Questions

  • Subject: Re: xAPIntranet OCX Questions
  • From: "harley0922" <rfoxjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 19:10:06 -0000

Thanks James.  I shortened up my UID string and it now works.

JRMC has multizone capabilities.  I want to be able to send out
messages that indicate which zone the data pertains to.  I am
assuming that that would done by sending slyfox.jrmc.<servername> as
the source and "zone1" as the subsource.  Is this correct?

Using the above, inside the xAP message to source would be as follows:
slyfox.jrmc.<servername>:zone1.

When a client app wants to send a command for pause in zone1, would
it set the target to slyfox.jrmc.<servername>:zone1?

Rick Fox

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@m...> wrote:
> This should work ok:
> sMsg = "audio.transport" & Chr(10) & "{"
& Chr(10)
> sMsg = sMsg & "command=pause" & Chr(10) &
"}" & Chr(10)
> bxAPSend = xAPProcessor.SendxAPX("",
"xap-audio.transport",
sMsg, "01", "Zone1")

> I removed xAPProcessor.xAPSourceName  as it would mean the message
sent
> would be targetted back into floorplan, unless that was then plan?
>
> I recently made a small application using the intranet ocx for Paul
that
> xAP enabled his rather impressive fish
> tank.(http://www.siliconpixel.com/gallery/FishTank)
> It used the ocx and read data from an access database and simply
sent
> xapbsc.info messages with the results. It also generates an
inrtanet web
> page with the data and an rss feed as well. It can also run as a
> service. The app and the source code (vb6) can be found here:
> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?
name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=82&ttitle=Fish_Tank_demo
> in particular the sendinf of the xapbsc.info messages uses the
SendxAPX
> function
>
> hth
>
> James
>

> harley0922 wrote:
>
> >I am trying to send a xAP message with the SendxAPX function and
the
> >message does not get sent and the return value is false.  See code
> >below.
> >
> >sMsg = "audio.transport" & Chr(10) &
"{" & Chr(10)
> >sMsg = sMsg & "command=pause" & Chr(10) &
"}" & Chr(10)

> >bxAPSend = xAPProcessor.SendxAPX(xAPProcessor.xAPSourceName,
"xap-
> >audio.transport", sMsg, "FF072101",
":Zone1")