Re: Re: Floorplan - crashes every time with runtime error 9

garygfx wrote:

>Thanks James. Yes, word must have spread of my posts on the Homeseer
>board. I was scared to come to this group but I've been assured
>you're unarmed and friendly people! ;-)

Indeed we are. With the nature of xAP and how it is involved with so
many different systems/applications with each having their own mailing
list or forum it become very tricky to check them all. This list and the
xAP_developer ones are great as a central link to all and all the main
xAP people monitor this list more than anyof the others so it's best for
the quick responses.

>I appreciate the reply and the heads up of a new release. Looking
>forward to it, especially the auto scripts.

The event screens in the next release of the HomeSeer plugin are exactly
the same so it gives great continuity between the apps.

>I assume your app includes a built-in web server? If so, how secure
>is it to the usual Internet hacks/attacks? Is it possible to run it
>from IIS instead? No worries if that's not possible, I'll just keep
>the port closed on my firewall.

Floorplan is based on the xapintranet ocx (mi4.biz). That ocx contains
the webserver as well as all the xAP stuff. It's secure in the sense it
doesn't use php/asp and really only has the needed functions to do it's
job and no more. However currenly Floorplan doesn't authenticate users
so if it was open to the web all the web could control things.
Switchboard, one of the other Intranet apps, has a feature with will get
added to all the other intranet apps in that when secure mode is turned
on, all config and control functions are only available if you are on
the pc running Switchboard all other users just get a read only version.
I don't think it would be possible to use iis, but i'll investigate. As
is, I would consider the inrtanet apps as just that, intranet only.

James

ps. Floorplan beta4 uploading as i type