Re: New member introduction

------=_Part_14113_24805373.1130447792946

On 27/10/05, Stuart Booth <lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had fun with that until I got the sending right (I think).

Ok, thanks everyone, I've got my test client up and running, you were
correct Stuart, I was doing the sending all wrong.
I used Edward's example code to fix my problem, although I stripped a lot
out, so it's a really simple implementation (no threads etc...)
Sorry for needing "spoon fed" but I still don't understand the
use of
Schemas - is there a nice example somewhere that I can pick up and use as a
tutorial?
I have tried a couple of things, but it doesn't behave like I would expect=
.

xAPMessageBlock messageBlock =3D new
xAPMessageBlock("Serial.Comms", "
Serial.Setup", 1);
messageBlock.SetMandatoryNonEmptyStringField("Parity",
"odd");
message.AddMessageBlock(messageBlock)
That is the sort of thing I've been doing, but I suspect it's completely
incorrect, as I would expect it to throw some exceptions, as I haven't
filled out all the mandatory fields
Thanks
Simon

------=_Part_14113_24805373.1130447792946

class="gmail_sendername">Stuart Booth</b> &lt;<a
href="mailto:lists@xxxxxxx";>lists@xxxxxxx</a>&gt;
wrote:</span>
MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px
solid"><tt><span
class="q"><br></span>I had fun with that until I
got the sending right (I think). </tt></blockquote>

were correct Stuart, I was doing the sending all wrong.</div>
stripped a lot out, so it's a really simple implementation (no threads
etc...)</div>
don't understand the use of Schemas - is there a nice example somewhere
that I can pick up and use as a tutorial?</div>
would expect. </div>
face="courier new,monospace" color="#0000ff"
size="2">new</font><font
size="2"><font face="courier new,monospace">
xAPMessageBlock(&quot;
Serial.Comms&quot;, &quot;Serial.Setup&quot;,
size="2"><font face="courier
new,monospace">messageBlock.SetMandatoryNonEmptyStringField(&quot;Parity&quot;,
&quot;odd&quot;);<br></font><font face="courier
new,monospace">
completely incorrect, as I would expect it to throw some exceptions, as I
haven't filled out all the mandatory fields</div>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

width:500px;">
<hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px;
text-align:left;">
<tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
<ul>
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;Visit your group "<a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation";>xap_automation</a>"
on the web.<br>&nbsp;</tt>
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;To unsubscribe from this group,
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
subject to the <a href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
</ul>
width:500px;">
<hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px;
text-align:left;">

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

------=_Part_14113_24805373.1130447792946--