Re: Re: Say how you use xAP and banish the xAP Desktop splash screen !

  • Subject: Re: Re: Say how you use xAP and banish the xAP Desktop splash screen !
  • From: James <james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:28:49 +0100

--------------050605010408080801080502

That's quite a list! Key is on the way.
Just post away with your question/issues witht he apps and we'll get
them fixed
James

ovejacobsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the following xAP Applications
>
> xAP Hub (run as a service on each of my three PC's)
> xAP Desktop (to view news, incoming mail alerts)
> xAP Homeseer plugin to integrate xAP and Homeseer)
> xAP Floorplan (to control my lights)
> xAP News (to get headlines from local newspapers etc)
> xAP Stock (to get stock info)
> xAP TV (to get TV-listings)
> xAP Watcher (to keep an eye on my server)
> xAP Weather (to get weather info)
> xAP Message Viewer (for faultfinding and evaluation)
> xAP Switchboard (lookup CallerID and send OSD message, not used
> anymore, see below)
> xAP Outlook plugin (to get my contacts from Outlook to xAP
> Switchboard after first have synchronized my cellphone with Outlook)
> xAP Mail Monitor (to get an alert when new email arrives)
>
> I have also developt my own xAP script for Asterisk which just sent
> out the incoming CallerID number. I could not get my Asterisk server
> working stable enough and my girlfriend complained too much about
> that the telephone was broken, therefore I'm not using my Asterisk
> server anymore.
>
> I have a few issues/problems with some of the applications but I
> will address them in an other message to the list.
>
> /Ove Jacobsson
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@m...> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Introduced in the last release of xAP Desktop was a registration
>>
> option.
>
>> The idea at the time was give registered users a bigger list of
>>
> displays
>
>> to download, more features and no splash screen. Well the idea
>>
> faded as
>
>> all new displays went into the general list and the features were
>> already in the main release, but the option to lose the splash
>>
> screen
>
>> remained and now it's time to use that option.
>>
>> Simply post a message to this list saying how you use xAP and I'll
>>
> send
>
>> you the registration code. Even if your xAP usage is just using
>>
> xAP News
>
>> to download podcasts or xAP Library to access your documents we
>>
> still
>
>> want to know. As long as it includes one xAP application then a
>>
> code
>
>> will be on the way to you. If you don't use xAP Desktop then
please
>> still post, you never know one day it may be useful.
>> This list has many members, some vocal, some not, now is a great
>>
> time
>
>> for you all to say hello. Knowing how people use xAP really is
>>
> useful to
>
>> those who make the applications and those who design the protocol,
>>
> it
>
>> gives ideas for future systems as well a great feeling to see

> [...]

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

That's quite a list! Key is on the way.<br>
Just post away with your question/issues witht he apps and we'll get
them fixed <br>
James<br>
ovejacobsson wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi,

[...]

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@m...";>&lt;james@m...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hi,

Introduced in the last release of xAP Desktop was a registration
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->option.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">The idea at the time was give registered users
a bigger list of
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->displays
</pre>
<pre wrap="">to download, more features and no splash
screen. Well the idea
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->faded as
</pre>
<pre wrap="">all new displays went into the general list
and the features were
already in the main release, but the option to lose the splash
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->screen
</pre>
<pre wrap="">remained and now it's time to use that option.

Simply post a message to this list saying how you use xAP and I'll
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->send
</pre>
<pre wrap="">you the registration code. Even if your xAP
usage is just using
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->xAP News
</pre>
<pre wrap="">to download podcasts or xAP Library to access
your documents we
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->still
</pre>
<pre wrap="">want to know. As long as it includes one xAP
application then a
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->code
</pre>
<pre wrap="">will be on the way to you. If you don't use
xAP Desktop then please
still post, you never know one day it may be useful.
This list has many members, some vocal, some not, now is a great
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->time
</pre>
<pre wrap="">for you all to say hello. Knowing how people
use xAP really is
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->useful to
</pre>
<pre wrap="">those who make the applications and those who
design the protocol,
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->it
</pre>
<pre wrap="">gives ideas for future systems as well a great
feeling to see
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->thing in use.
</pre>