Re: homeseer plugin, some issues.

------=_Part_14569_15754257.1132889027569

Glad to hear your response... Greg Liming has been working on a zoneminder
xAP extension, and I was trying to test it for him on homeseer when I
encountered these problems.  I'm sure there will be a few homeseer guys
ready to take the xAP jump as soon as that works.

Keep up the good work!

Joe

On 11/24/05, James <james@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Joe,
>
> Just to say I am working on these so shouldn't be too much longer. #4
is
> an interesting one, the HS architecture can be quite limiting in parts
> so not sure how much can be done here but I'll see what i can do
>
> James
>

> zimmer62_2000 wrote:
> > I've noticed a few problems with the homeseer xAP plugin.
> >
> > 1) Converting things to lowercase.
> > 2) Event triggers upon status change
> > 3) Sending raw xAP message event "class" not saving.
> > 4) Device Value change.  Might be related to #2.
> >

> > more description:
> > 1) I think someone else addressed this as well, xAP messages seem
> > get converted to lower case.
> >
> > 2) When setting up a homeseer event, you should be able to select
> > device status change, then use "set to on" or
"changed to on" or
> > whichever.  Homeseer adds a lightbulb next to a device that adds
the
> > word "on" or "off" however this trigger does
not actually work for xAP
> > devices.  However the "Set Any Status" option does
work.  Could this
> > be a homeseer problem? not a xAP plugin problem?
> >
> > 3) When sending a raw xAP message from an event, there is a
textbox to
> > enter in a Class, however this value does not save.
> >
> > 4) When setting a device value change trigger, all xAP devices
show up
> > a value "mathmatical comparison" and a textbox.  I've
seen other
> > plugins show a drop down here with actual returned values.  Could
this
> > work for items that might return text instead of a number?  For
> > instance a xAP device will have the value of either Left, Right,
Up,
> > or Down.... would it be possible for xAP to detect what types are
> > being sent, or allow a textbox to add them to this dropdown list,
> > instead of having all device values be numeric?  It could be an
option
> > of device type possibly... a checkbox that says if it's numeric
or not?

> > By far #2, and #3 are the most important to me, since I can't
actually
> > trigger events in homeseer based on the message I'm receiving.
Also
> > can't properly send the message that I'd like.
> >
> > Joe
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

>    -  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>    Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
>

>  ------------------------------

------=_Part_14569_15754257.1132889027569

Glad to hear your response... Greg Liming has been working on a
zoneminder xAP extension, and I was trying to test it for him on
homeseer when I encountered these problems.&nbsp; I'm sure there will
be a few homeseer guys ready to take the xAP jump as soon as that
works.<br>
Keep up the good work!<br>
class="gmail_quote">On 11/24/05, <b
class="gmail_sendername">James</b> &lt;<a
href="mailto:james@xxxxxxx";>james@xxxxxxx</a>&gt;
wrote:</span><blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt
0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

<tt>
Joe,<br>
Just to say I am working on these so shouldn't be too much longer. #4
is<br>
an interesting one, the HS architecture can be quite limiting in
parts<br>
so not sure how much can be done here but I'll see what i can do<br>
James</tt><div><span class="e"
id="q_107c50d823bbc98e_1"><tt><br>
zimmer62_2000 wrote:<br>
&gt; I've noticed a few problems with the homeseer xAP
plugin.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; 1) Converting things to lowercase.<br>
&gt; 2) Event triggers upon status change<br>
&gt; 3) Sending raw xAP message event &quot;class&quot; not
saving.<br>
&gt; 4) Device Value change.&nbsp; Might be related to
#2.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; more description:<br>
&gt; 1) I think someone else addressed this as well, xAP messages seem
to <br>
&gt; get converted to lower case.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; 2) When setting up a homeseer event, you should be able to select
&gt; device status change, then use &quot;set to on&quot; or
&quot;changed to on&quot; or <br>
&gt; whichever.&nbsp; Homeseer adds a lightbulb next to a device
that adds the <br>
&gt; word &quot;on&quot; or &quot;off&quot; however
this trigger does not actually work for xAP <br>
&gt; devices.&nbsp; However the &quot;Set Any Status&quot;
option does work.&nbsp; Could this <br>
&gt; be a homeseer problem? not a xAP plugin problem?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; 3) When sending a raw xAP message from an event, there is a
textbox to <br>
&gt; enter in a Class, however this value does not save.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; 4) When setting a device value change trigger, all xAP devices
show up <br>
&gt; a value &quot;mathmatical comparison&quot; and a
textbox.&nbsp; I've seen other <br>
&gt; plugins show a drop down here with actual returned
values.&nbsp; Could this <br>
&gt; work for items that might return text instead of a
number?&nbsp; For <br>
&gt; instance a xAP device will have the value of either Left, Right,
Up, <br>
&gt; or Down.... would it be possible for xAP to detect what types are
&gt; being sent, or allow a textbox to add them to this dropdown list,
&gt; instead of having all device values be numeric?&nbsp; It could
be an option <br>
&gt; of device type possibly... a checkbox that says if it's numeric or
not?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; By far #2, and #3 are the most important to me, since I can't
actually <br>
&gt; trigger events in homeseer based on the message I'm
receiving.&nbsp; Also <br>
&gt; can't properly send the message that I'd like.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Joe<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
<tt>&gt; Yahoo! Groups Links<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp; <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
</tt><div><span class="e"
id="q_107c50d823bbc98e_3">

500px;">
<hr style="border-bottom: 1px none; width: 500px; text-align:
left;">
<tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
<ul>
<tt><li type="square">&nbsp;Visit your group
&quot;<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation";
target="_blank" onclick="return
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">xap_automation</a>&quot;
on the web.<br>&nbsp;</li>
</tt>
<tt><li type="square">&nbsp;To unsubscribe from
this group, send an email to:<br>&nbsp;<a href="mailto:xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe";
target="_blank" onclick="return
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
<tt><li type="square">&nbsp;Your use of Yahoo!
Groups is subject to the <a href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";
target="_blank" onclick="return
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">Yahoo! Terms of

</ul>
500px;">
<hr style="border-bottom: 1px none; width: 500px; text-align:
left;">

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

width:500px;">
<hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px;
text-align:left;">
<tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
<ul>
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;Visit your group "<a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation";>xap_automation</a>"
on the web.<br>&nbsp;</tt>
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;To unsubscribe from this group,
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
subject to the <a href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
</ul>
width:500px;">
<hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px;
text-align:left;">

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

------=_Part_14569_15754257.1132889027569--