Re: xap Newbie

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:35:41 +0000, James Stubbs
<stubbsjuk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Can you help me with an example - where would I find the information in
>order to define the target?
>
>Am I correct in that it goes here xxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx
>
>xap-header
>{
>v=12
>Hop=1
>UID=FF123400
>Class=xAP-OSD.Display
>Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
>target=xxxx.xxxxx.xxxx
>}
>Display.SliMP3
>{
>Line1=Hello
>Line2=James
>Duration=25
>Align1=Left
>Align2=Left
>}

That's absolutely correct. Every node has a UID and a source address.
You target the specific source address for the device you want to
control.

In this case, say you have a Slim named Bedroom and Office. You'd then
address them as:

KCSoft.SliMP3.Server:Bedroom
KCSoft.SliMP3.Server:Office

Or all Slims connected to the SlimServer via wildcards:

KCSoft.SliMP3.Server:*

But have a gander at that xAP spec and there are some good examples of
wildcarding and targetting in there as I recall.

By defaulkt, if you don't specify a Target line, then the
SlimServerConnector will address all Slims that it can see on your
SlimServer.

HTH?

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/