homeseer plugin, some issues.

  • Subject: homeseer plugin, some issues.
  • From: "zimmer62_2000" <zimmer62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:09:03 -0000

I've noticed a few problems with the homeseer xAP plugin.

1) Converting things to lowercase.
2) Event triggers upon status change
3) Sending raw xAP message event "class" not saving.
4) Device Value change.  Might be related to #2.

more description:
1) I think someone else addressed this as well, xAP messages seem to
get converted to lower case.

2) When setting up a homeseer event, you should be able to select
device status change, then use "set to on" or "changed to
on" or
whichever.  Homeseer adds a lightbulb next to a device that adds the
word "on" or "off" however this trigger does not
actually work for xAP
devices.  However the "Set Any Status" option does work.  Could
this
be a homeseer problem? not a xAP plugin problem?

3) When sending a raw xAP message from an event, there is a textbox to
enter in a Class, however this value does not save.

4) When setting a device value change trigger, all xAP devices show up
a value "mathmatical comparison" and a textbox.  I've seen other
plugins show a drop down here with actual returned values.  Could this
work for items that might return text instead of a number?  For
instance a xAP device will have the value of either Left, Right, Up,
or Down.... would it be possible for xAP to detect what types are
being sent, or allow a textbox to add them to this dropdown list,
instead of having all device values be numeric?  It could be an option
of device type possibly... a checkbox that says if it's numeric or not?

By far #2, and #3 are the most important to me, since I can't actually
trigger events in homeseer based on the message I'm receiving.  Also
can't properly send the message that I'd like.

Joe