Re: xap Newbie

Thank You Stuart/James,

That helped a lot.

I have done a lot of searching in the past and I am sure I have seen a
description, but can't seem to locate it again.

A few questions.

What do the following parameters relate to

v=12
Hop=1
UID=FF123400

Also, I assume that SlimServer Connect is listening for the commands,
then passes them to SlimServer - which then sends a command to the
Slimp3 Display.

If I had more than one Slimp3, would it be possible to specify wich
Slimp3 I wanted the message to go to. I can't see this in the schema

Best wishes.

James.

Stuart Booth wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Try the "OSD.Display-email.xap" file in the
SlimServerConnector
> "SampleMessages" folder for a really simple message I think.
It's one
> I use all the time for general testing. In fact, most of the
"sample"
> messages came about from test messages I constructed.
>
> It looks like the following text:
>
> xap-header
> {
> v=12
> Hop=1
> UID=FF123400
> Class=xAP-OSD.Display
> Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
> }
> Display.SliMP3
> {
> Line1=New email has arrived from:
> Line2=stuart@xxxxxxx
> Duration=15
> }
>
> The SlimServerConnector knows how to recognise messages that conform
> to the class named "xAP-OSD.Display" (and several others).
If a
> message of this class contains a "Display.SliMP3" block
inside the
> message, then the SlimServerConnector displays the contents of the
> message.
>
> Other messages of different classes will have different message
> formats detailed by the schema(s) that the xAPplication responds to.
>
> I think most of my xAPplications ship with a
"SampleMessages" folder
> which I try to include my set of test messages that are appropriate
> for that xAPplication.
>
> Also have a look for a "Schema" directory alongside. That
contains any

 http://www.xapframework.net/