Re: xap Newbie

Hi James,

Try the "OSD.Display-email.xap" file in the SlimServerConnector
"SampleMessages" folder for a really simple message I think. It's
one
I use all the time for general testing. In fact, most of the
"sample"
messages came about from test messages I constructed.

It looks like the following text:

xap-header
{
v=12
Hop=1
UID=FF123400
Class=xAP-OSD.Display
Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
}
Display.SliMP3
{
Line1=New email has arrived from:
Line2=stuart@xxxxxxx
Duration=15
}

The SlimServerConnector knows how to recognise messages that conform
to the class named "xAP-OSD.Display" (and several others). If a
message of this class contains a "Display.SliMP3" block inside
the
message, then the SlimServerConnector displays the contents of the
message.

Other messages of different classes will have different message
formats detailed by the schema(s) that the xAPplication responds to.

I think most of my xAPplications ship with a "SampleMessages"
folder
which I try to include my set of test messages that are appropriate
for that xAPplication.

Also have a look for a "Schema" directory alongside. That
contains any
documentation I have on the xAP message schema that details for the
exact format of the xAP messages that the xAPplication expects to
receive and can handle. Anything that doesn't conform to these schema
is just ignored by the app.

HTH for starters?

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/