Re: xap Newbie

hi,

Have a look in c:\program files\xapframework\slimserver\samplemessages
there you will find loads of example messages. Each file is a single
message and has a single function, the names of teh files give a good
clue to what they do. Each file, even though they have a .xap filetype,
is just a plain text file that is viewable in notepad.

Send.exe is a simple program that takes one of these files and sends it
over the xAP network.  By associating the .xap filetype with  the
send.exe you can simply double click on one of these .xap files to send
it or you can run it on the command line as in "Send.exe
Audio.mute-off.xap".

If you want to see what is going on on the xAP network then download a
copy of Viewer from xapframework.net as it lets you see messages sent
and received. If you want a simple xAP client to control your slimp3
then xAP Desktop (mi4.biz) has an example display to control one as you
can see top right
here:http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=45
For more detailed info on the protocol and schemas visit the main xAP
site  xapautomation.org

hth, and welcome!

James

voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com