Re: [xap_automation] Re : Swedish special l etters åäö

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:15:34 +0100, "Ove Jacobsson"
<ove.jacobsson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I=92m unfortunately still having problems with this.
>
>=20
>
>I have set the key =93<add key=3D"xAPCharacterEncoding"
value=3D"UTF-7" />=
=94 to the
>config files for both xAP Hub and xAP Message Viewer and that is
working
>great, I can see the messages from xAP TV and xAP News with extended
>characters in the message viewer. However xAP Desktop, xAP Intranet
Launch=
er
>and xAP Watcher Viewer now can=92t see any messages. These applications
do=
n=92t
>use config files so what should I do to make this work?

Hi Ove,

I've just been tinkering with xFx and can now happily send messages
with alternative character encodings. I have to use UTF-7 encoding as
you do, but the sample message you provided goes out through xAP Send,
into xAP Hub (GUI) and then Hub passes it on to xAP Message Viewer.

I can see the Swedish characters in the message in the debugger as it
passes through xAP Send (this required a software tweak so isn't
available on the xFx site just yet), and then in the message display
windows in both Hub and Viewer.

I've also configured xAP News 3 to point to the TV site you suggested:
http://www.svd.se/articleexport/rss20/svd_top.xml
and I'm seeing some
foreign (to me anyway ;) characters in the message display windows
here too:

For example, this is copied directly from one of these windows,
displaying a news.story message from xAP News 3, and hopefully it'll
appear correctly:

Desc=3DToppnyheter fr=E5n www.svd.se

The only thing I've adjusted thus far is the way that xAP Send reads
in the message files from disc.

So I'm really not sure what's happening after this. James. any
thoughts on how best to continue debugging this?

--=20
Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/