RE: Ping 3 B2

Hi Kevin,

The Hub on this machine is indeed running on 3639. I can't see another
serv=
ice that's using that port on this PC. However, the server PC seems to
have=
3639 used by xAPTel AND the hub but I guess this, if correct even, is unre=
lated? This port data appears in the heartbeat messages yes?

Ping is still showing the error:

Ping is not receiving xAP messages.
Please check your network connection and the xAP Hub on the PC running
Ping=
. If you have to restart the hub it may take upto 1 minute for this
message=
to disappear

And it does not appear in the list in the xAP GUI Viewer. Restarting the
Pi=
ng service does not change this.

I also tried starting Ping interactively rather than as a service. It
still=
does not register in the Viewer and after a minute or so, the error appear=
s on the Ping Intranet page.

I tried disabling Norton Internet Security Firewall to see if I'd
accidenta=
lly blocked Ping - but this made no difference either.

BTW - Ping DOES actually work i.e. it pings the one sample machine I've
set=
up OK and sends a startup email message to the SMTP server I've told it
abo=
ut. It just doesn't appear in the Intranet Launcher or Viewer and shows
the=
error message.

Paul.

Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins
> Sent: 14 November 2005 14:44
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Ping 3 B2
>=20
> Paul,
>=20
>     On the machine with the problem 'Ping' which application is
sending
> heartbeats with a port=3D3639  line in the header ?  Is this the
> application you expected to be acting as the hub ?   If it is then
just
> try restarting it.  Assuming it again appears with a  port =3D3639
line i=
> its header then restart Ping and all should be well.   (Unless it is a
> Ping problem) .    Ping should be indicating a much higher port=3D
numbe=

-----------------------------------------------------------------------=
-

Behalf Of *James
> > *Sent:* 13 November 2005 11:55
> > *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> > *Subject:* Re: [xap_automation] Ping 3 B2
> >

> > I've checked this here and it is definitely receives messages.
Could
> > you try restarting your hub as maybe all this re-starting apps
has
> > confused it!  I did however notice that the new
UseHubPort=3DYesNo

-