RE: xAP Asterisk - updates???

  • Subject: RE: xAP Asterisk - updates???
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone \(Personal E-mail\)" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:46:45 -0000

If you use the default user and pass, you must be running on the same host
as asterisk because the default configuration in manager.conf explicitly
prohibits anything by a local connection. It should be obvious how to
modify
the default entry in manager.conf to allow remote conenctions if you take a
look at it.

> Are there any more instructions on getting it running than
> the description on your web site (great to see your site up
> and running BTW :) )

No, fraid not. If you wanted to write up a "HOWTO" as we work
through any
issues that arise, it would be appreciated.

> The next question would be - how can I make use of the calls
> waiting data/messages - I'd like to view this in Floorplan
> and Desktop to start with - is this possible? Further down
> the line I'd like to have some kind of display around the
> house (like Ian Bird's display or another touch screen type
> arrangement) that has this data on.

It's certainly easy enough to do in principle. You will need to
"shim" what
comes out of the asterisk connector into a format that floorplan (or
recipient device) can understand, or configure floorplan (or recipient
device) to interpret the messages directly. I haven't used floorplan myself
recently so I'm not sure how this is done. No doubt James can help us out!

Patrick