Re: xAP Asterisk - updates???

  • Subject: Re: xAP Asterisk - updates???
  • From: Gregg Liming <gregg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:05:04 -0500

Quoting Patrick Lidstone (Personal E-mail) (11/10/05 9:43 AM):

Asterisk
>>>connector etc.
>>
>>I admittedly backed off after seeing Patrick's announcement
>>and have become more recently distracted w/ a zoneminder
>>connector.  Although the
>>* connector that I have been working on differs (from a
>>behavior and function viewpoint) from Patrick's connectors, I
>>didn't want to dilute the application space unless users
>>want/need both.
>

> I didn't mean to tread on any toes -

You didn't and I hope I wasn't suggesting that you were.  I had rather
assumed that you might add to these connectors w/ ones that implemented
CTI as well. I should have asked you.

I think there is a most definite
> need/place for Gregg's connector; as Gregg says my connector is very
low
> level and as such is a bit of a geek toy. A plug-and-go CTIx schema
> compliant connector would be a really useful thing to have.

Thanks for that.  I'll resume work as soon as the zoneminder connector
is initially complete.