Re: xAP Asterisk - updates???

  • Subject: Re: xAP Asterisk - updates???
  • From: Gregg Liming <gregg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:39:45 -0500

Quoting Paul Gale (11/10/05 7:46 AM):
> Hi all and Gregg,
>
> I was just about to start playing with Patrick’s xAP Asterisk software
> and this reminded me to ask on the status of Gregg’s xAP Asterisk
> connector etc.

I admittedly backed off after seeing Patrick's announcement and have
become more recently distracted w/ a zoneminder connector.  Although the
* connector that I have been working on differs (from a behavior and
function viewpoint) from Patrick's connectors, I didn't want to dilute
the application space unless users want/need both.  Specifically,
Patrick's connectors use schemas that are tied much more closely to
asterisk--which is particularly useful if you want that level of
granularity.  My work attempted to utilize most of the existing
telephony related schemas (Meteor and CTI) and was originally hoped to
be fully compatible w/ switchboard.  Unfortunately, my connector is only
partially compatible due to somewhat fundamental differences in use of
UIDs and tracking of call data.

If there's still interest, I will work toward documenting the connector
and make it available after I finish the zoneminder work.  If you
need/want it sooner, I can make it available in its current state (which
I do use in a production mode).  The config file is currently documented
w/ comments.  Also, you would need to be able to resolve Perl lib
dependencies via CPAN updates.

> I’m still looking forward to being able to get mailbox
> status messages out of Asterisk to tell me how many messages are
waiting.

In an effort to not hold things up based on discussions of what can and
can't be incorporated into the CTI schema, I've adopted a CTI2 schema
that for now only addresses voicemailbox message counts.  If similar
semantics are added to CTI, then I will likely adopt those.