Re: source of XPace

  • Subject: Re: source of XPace
  • From: "g8kmh" <g8kmh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:40:47 -0000

Just to enter this a little late, not all Pace modems are equal.

The Pace Voice 56000 uses the AT#CID=1 string and responds with
a 'NMBR = ' prefix and the STD/area code separated from the number by
a '-'.

Another useful module would be for CLID from Sipura's (and presumably
the PAP2) - probably by polling the device and 'screen scraping' the
html returned.

Lehane

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
wrote:

> Hi Lasses,
>
>     I'll leave that Q for James...
>
>     In xAPTel I have not quite finished the serial modem CID bit
either
> - mainly as I wanted to make it configurable for all external
modems
> which meant supporting several init strings and a general purpose
> response strip/filter - as I dont have a CID capable modem I sort
of
> ignored it -   I should revisit that.  I did ideally  intend TAPI
> support but the OCX's that I found were all chargeable.   TAPI is
> definitely the way to go though as then your  modem is not
dedicated to
> one application, which as a serial attach it would be.
>
>    Kevin
>
> PS I saw the xAP block construct you were forming - I wonder if you
have
> a copy of an actual xAP message (as captured in say Viewer) you
could
> post too.  If it's working ok then that's a pretty good indicator
it's
> right :-)   I am not sure what other messages your modem might
provide
> as well as CID.  If it can report ONOFF hook conditions then those
are
> great to support too as you can then log calls with durations and
use an
> application like xAP Switchboard. Some US CID modems support DTMF
> decoding too which allows you to log outgoing calls. All these
extra
> features (if available) have an approriate schema already defined.
>
> lasses nilsson wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >Anybody know if the source of XPace is around?
> >
> >Wanna learn more about serial modem stuff instead of using the
TAPI