Re: xAP Newbie

--------------090708050405010707010601

hi,

Welcome to the group.
Yes Floorplan can certainly do this. To set this you need to setup two
things in Floorplan.
Firstly you need to setup Floorplan to receive the parts of the xAP
message you are interested in.
Secondly when receiving these particular messages trigger a script to
actually send the display messages.

First part
---------
Get Floorplan installed and running and open the web page by clicking on
the tray icon
Click the screwdriver to go to the config page
Click the raw xAP page, click add new
Only the first five boxes are needed here, Alias is just a friendly name
for the device for use within floorplan. Now i'm not sure of what
exactly the quasar message looks like but if it was
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF100123
class=xapbsc.info
source=phaedrus.netiom.upstairs:Virtual.3
}
output.state
{
state=off
}
then Source is phaedrus.netiom.upstairs:Virtual.3 , class is xapbsc.info
, section is output.state and item is state

click update.
Floorplan will now monitor the device and will also log the levels to a
database as a bonus!

Second Part
-------------

A little script is needed here, ( simple one honest)
Click on the script tab, then raw scripts, then add new

So the script needs to get the value of the sensor, put that data into a
xAP message and send it

Sub main()
'Get value and put it in xLevel
xLevel=xap.getvalue("ALIAS you entered earlier")

'Send message
tmp="display.text" & chr(10)
tmp=tmp & "{" & chr(10)
tmp=tmp & "Line1=Temperature Change" & chr(10)
tmp=tmp & "Line2=" & xLevel & " deg C"
& chr(10)
tmp=tmp & "Duration=10" & chr(10)
tmp=tmp & "Priority=1" & chr(10)
tmp=tmp & "}" & chr(10)
xap.sendxap tmp,"message.display",""

End Sub

Now you just need to link the two bits together. Go back to the Raw xAP
tab and click edit next to the entry you created. Find the "Script to
run on update" and pick the script you jsut made from the drop down.
Click update again.
Now when the temp changes you should see the display messages being sent
out which will then get displayed.

hth

James

Stuart Booth wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:44:43 -0000, "Martyn Wendon"
> <mailing.lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> My first goal is to use a Quasar 3145 temperature sensor to
provide
>> temperature feedback from around the house.  I found a xAP
application for
>> it (from http://www.edjo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/edward/xAP/Quasar3145.htm)
and
>> I can see the xAP messages from it in xAP Message Viewer.
>>
>> But now I'm a bit stumped as to what I need next to get the info
from the
>> Quasar into MCxAP?
>>

> You need something that knows how to read the messages sent out by the
> Quasar app, and knows how to translate them into OSD messages as
> output. A 'shim' as MarkH describes them:
>
> Quasar message => Shim => OSD messages
>
> In actual fact the xFx Email OSD app is just that, a terribly simple
> thing that translates email notifications into suitable OSD messages.
>
> Now, you need something to fill the role of the shim in this context.
> You can either roll your own if you're a coder, or use an existing
> rules engine such as one of the xAP-enabled home automation control
> software applications, like HomeSeer for example.
>
> I started writing something generic to fill just that gap, but then
> xAP Floorplan came along which does the same job I think, so I
> stopped. Thus xAP Floorplan might be a good place to look:
>
> http://www.mi4.biz/
>
> HTH,

--------------090708050405010707010601

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

hi,<br>
Welcome to the group.<br>
Yes Floorplan can certainly do this. To set this you need to setup two
things in Floorplan.<br>
Firstly you need to setup Floorplan to receive the parts of the xAP
message you are interested in.<br>
Secondly when receiving these particular messages trigger a script to
actually send the display messages.<br>
First part<br>
---------<br>
Get Floorplan installed and running and open the web page by clicking
on the tray icon<br>
Click the screwdriver to go to the config page<br>
Click the raw xAP page, click add new<br>
Only the first five boxes are needed here, Alias is just a friendly
name for the device for use within floorplan. Now i'm not sure of what
exactly the quasar message looks like but if it was<br>
xap-header<br>
{<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; v=12<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; hop=1<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; uid=FF100123<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; class=xapbsc.info<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
source=phaedrus.netiom.upstairs:Virtual.3<br>
}<br>
output.state<br>
{<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; state=off<br>
}<br>
then Source is phaedrus.netiom.upstairs:Virtual.3 , class is
xapbsc.info , section is output.state and item is state<br>
click update.<br>
Floorplan will now monitor the device and will also log the levels to
a&nbsp; database as a bonus!<br>
Second Part<br>
-------------<br>
A little script is needed here, ( simple one honest)<br>
Click on the script tab, then raw scripts, then add new<br>
So the script needs to get the value of the sensor, put that data into
a xAP message and send it<br>
Sub main()<br>
'Get value and put it in xLevel<br>
xLevel=xap.getvalue("ALIAS you entered earlier")<br>
'Send message<br>
tmp="display.text" &amp; chr(10)<br>
tmp=tmp &amp; "{" &amp; chr(10)<br>
tmp=tmp &amp; "Line1=Temperature Change" &amp;
chr(10)<br>
tmp=tmp &amp; "Line2=" &amp; xLevel &amp; " deg
C" &amp; chr(10)<br>
tmp=tmp &amp; "Duration=10" &amp; chr(10)<br>
tmp=tmp &amp; "Priority=1" &amp; chr(10)<br>
tmp=tmp &amp; "}" &amp; chr(10)<br>
xap.sendxap tmp,"message.display",""<br>
End Sub<br>
Now you just need to link the two bits together. Go back to the Raw xAP
tab and click edit next to the entry you created. Find the "Script to
run on update" and pick the script you jsut made from the drop down.
Click update again.<br>
Now when the temp changes you should see the display messages being
sent out which will then get displayed.<br>
hth<br>
James<br>
Stuart Booth wrote:
cite="mid97j1n1tnbi7vqbklstmmr76rri3m96fpd9@xxxxxxx"
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:44:43 -0000,
"Martyn Wendon"
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:mailing.lists@xxxxxxx";>&lt;mailing.lists@xxxxxxx&gt;</a>
wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">My first goal is to use a Quasar 3145
it (from <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.edjo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/edward/xAP/Quasar3145.htm";>http://www.edjo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/edward/xAP/Quasar3145.htm</a>)
and
I can see the xAP messages from it in xAP Message Viewer.

But now I'm a bit stumped as to what I need next to get the info from the
Quasar into MCxAP?
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
You need something that knows how to read the messages sent out by the
Quasar app, and knows how to translate them into OSD messages as
output. A 'shim' as MarkH describes them:

Quasar message =&gt; Shim =&gt; OSD messages

In actual fact the xFx Email OSD app is just that, a terribly simple
thing that translates email notifications into suitable OSD messages.

Now, you need something to fill the role of the shim in this context.
You can either roll your own if you're a coder, or use an existing
rules engine such as one of the xAP-enabled home automation control
software applications, like HomeSeer for example.

I started writing something generic to fill just that gap, but then
xAP Floorplan came along which does the same job I think, so I
stopped. Thus xAP Floorplan might be a good place to look:

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/";>http://www.mi4.biz/</a>

HTH,

</pre>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

width:500px;">
<hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px;
text-align:left;">
<tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
<ul>
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;Visit your group "<a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation";>xap_automation</a>"
on the web.<br>&nbsp;</tt>
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;To unsubscribe from this group,
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
subject to the <a href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
</ul>
width:500px;">
<hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px;
text-align:left;">

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

--------------090708050405010707010601--