Re: source of XPace

Hi Lasses,

I'll leave that Q for James...

In xAPTel I have not quite finished the serial modem CID bit either
- mainly as I wanted to make it configurable for all external modems
which meant supporting several init strings and a general purpose
response strip/filter - as I dont have a CID capable modem I sort of
ignored it -   I should revisit that.  I did ideally  intend TAPI
support but the OCX's that I found were all chargeable.   TAPI is
definitely the way to go though as then your  modem is not dedicated to
one application, which as a serial attach it would be.

Kevin

PS I saw the xAP block construct you were forming - I wonder if you have
a copy of an actual xAP message (as captured in say Viewer) you could
post too.  If it's working ok then that's a pretty good indicator it's
right :-)   I am not sure what other messages your modem might provide
as well as CID.  If it can report ONOFF hook conditions then those are
great to support too as you can then log calls with durations and use an
application like xAP Switchboard. Some US CID modems support DTMF
decoding too which allows you to log outgoing calls. All these extra
features (if available) have an approriate schema already defined.