Re: modems and caller id in sweden

  • Subject: Re: modems and caller id in sweden
  • From: "lasses nilsson" <lasse10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:59:42 -0000

I found a TAPI c# example and just added CID to it, thats all. Plus
I added the function so it sends an xap message when an incoming
call is sensed. I have noooooooo clue if I'm doing right but it
works!!! When I send the message both xlobby and Switchboard sees it
as a incoming call. My plugin in xlobby takes care of the number--
>Name and picture of the caller so the TAPI app is just a dumb one
sending an xap message.

the message I'm sending is this. Is that ok or are there "rules"
about the message?

xAPMessage message = new xAPMessage();
message.Header = new xAPHeader();
message.Header.Class = new xAPHeaderClass
("CID" , "Incoming");
message.Header.Source = new xAPHeaderSource
("Pace", "CID", "home.line1:Tapi.input");

xAPMessageBlock block = new xAPMessageBlock
("CID.Incoming");

xAPDateTime datetime = new xAPDateTime();

block.FormattedDateValue    =
datetime.FormattedDate;

block.Add("number", number);

block.Add("Phone",number);

message.AddMessageBlock(block);

return message;

//Lasse
--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
wrote:

> Hi Lasses,
>
>     Sounds great - if you have any questions on the xAP Meteor /
CID or
> CTI schema shout away - my docs in xAPTel have them all documented
btw.

>     What language are you writing the TAPI application in and are
you
> using the TAPI API or an Active X control ?  I'm guessing maybe
a .Net
> based language (C#) if  your writing for XLobby too.  TAPI is
sitting as
> one of the 'still to do' bits of xAPTel - if your code is in VB
maybe we
> could roll the two together which would mean all the xAP/schema
stuff is
> done already.
>
>     Yes - the Pace app uses a direct serial link but the reason
for it
> not working would likely be the modem init string and the format
of the
> CID responses (as James mentioned) or perhaps the serial port
being non
> accessible if a TAPI based app has a hold of it...
>
>     Kevin
>
> lasses nilsson wrote:
>
> >Since XPace didn't even sence an incoming call, I gave up on that
> >app. I am almost done writning my own TAPI-XaP caller id
> >application. I'm gonna use it with Xlobby so I'm writing a plugin
> >for xlobby to at the same time. The plugin is done but not the
TAPI
> >application.
> >
> >I think XPace use serial connection not TAPI and thats why its
not
> >working for me.
> >
> >//Lasse
> >
> >--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@m...> wrote:
> >

> >>Lasse,
> >>
> >>The key to getting modems to report CallerID correctly is an
> >>initialisation string. In an ideal world all modems would be
the

> >same
> >

> >>but they're not.
> >>Pace modems,and so xAP Pace, uses AT+VCID=1 . Hopefully the
one

> >you need
> >

> >>will be in the back of your manual. It would be easy to add it
> >>

> >once the
> >

> >>string is known.
> >>
> >>James

nothing
wrong

> >with

>t=ms&k=Workflow+automation&w1=Workflow+automation&w2=Industrial+auto
>
>ation&w3=Test+automation&w4=Sales+automation&w5=Factory+automation&w
6

>=Design+automation&c=6&s=142&.sig=Mm-A1ohfO8DqzykRRD4fGg>

>t=ms&k=Industrial+automation&w1=Workflow+automation&w2=Industrial+au
>
>omation&w3=Test+automation&w4=Sales+automation&w5=Factory+automation
&

>w6=Design+automation&c=6&s=142&.sig=KRmBoJm88G1TcNVp3XVrAA>

>t=ms&k=Test+automation&w1=Workflow+automation&w2=Industrial+automati
>
>n&w3=Test+automation&w4=Sales+automation&w5=Factory+automation&w6=De
>
>ign+automation&c=6&s=142&.sig=m31BMcdHoR9mVxP9wBcCQw>

>t=ms&k=Sales+automation&w1=Workflow+automation&w2=Industrial+automat
>
>on&w3=Test+automation&w4=Sales+automation&w5=Factory+automation&w6=D
>
>sign+automation&c=6&s=142&.sig=2xNa4zHLrVxWWliVqAhCdQ>

>t=ms&k=Factory+automation&w1=Workflow+automation&w2=Industrial+autom
>
>tion&w3=Test+automation&w4=Sales+automation&w5=Factory+automation&w6
=

>Design+automation&c=6&s=142&.sig=NOk0cDz4R-VYCmW0yJMyfA>

>t=ms&k=Design+automation&w1=Workflow+automation&w2=Industrial+automa
>
>ion&w3=Test+automation&w4=Sales+automation&w5=Factory+automation&w6=
>
>esign+automation&c=6&s=142&.sig=hRJahZBF5nyKO2biFbYxUA>

on the
web.

> >subject=Unsubscribe>

Terms