Re: Re: Comfort Connector Problem - or poor user

Quoting rb_ziggy (11/4/05 7:00 PM):
> Gregg
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. Looked there but seems that the full cygwin
> install loads up a full linux envt.

...not at all really. But, it might seem that way.

> I really don't want to do this
> because a) I don't understand what that will give me,

That's a very refreshing sentiment.  I quite understand.

> b) I really
> don't like installing guff on what I try to keep as a clean server

ditto

> c)
> I thought I only needed the cygwin1.dll.

possibly--I don't know the details of the comfort connector.  What I
will say is that my brief google on your specific issue/problem suggests
that either (1) the dll that you have is too old wrt the libraries used
to compile the connector and/or (2) you have more than one dll and the
first one in the path is too old.

> I've tried more reinstalls, a couple of other cygwin1.dll files that I
> can find but to no avail.

I'll be more than happy to send you one of mine from a recent full
cygwin install if you like (send me an email off-list if inclined).  I'd
also suggest doing a full system search on cygwin1.dll to rule out the
possibility of multiple files.

> Looks like I may have to give up on this
> xAP project and put it in the 'too hard' category.

I understand.  Hopefully, that won't be necessary.  But, unfortunately,
I'm not familiar w/ this connector and can only (barely) help
peripherally.  Hopefully, the author will come forward.