Re: Re: xap xplhal scripting help (kevin h?)

rleong1 wrote:

>--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
>wrote:
>

>>and allows a xPL message to be sent from a xAP schema.  One of the
>>issues is that the bridge in xPLHAL still needs some extra features

>>allow header manipulation from scripts , it's been on the xPLHAL
>>

>feature
>

>>request list for a year + now  .
>>

>that's probably my fault :P  i stumbled across xplrionet at about the
>same time & i've been really into beta testing it & spreading
the word
>about it all over the place.

Yes - xPLRioNet is a fine application and MediaNet sounds a great step
forward - it is in fact one of the two applications I run currently on
xPL and bridge to xAP. It is a huge undertaking by Tony now and I can
well understand his time is all swallowed up there.  When MediaNet
becomes available it would be nice to support the schema within the
bridge specifically. I was awaiting release of the full xPL audio schema
as some bits seem 'TBA' there still.  Likewise there's good mileage in
bridging the xAP BSC spec to some xPL equivalent which would allow
things like the xAP Netiom and C-Bus to be used in xPL directly.   There
are some other things to work through too like the xPL config schema and
A recent xPLHAL update improved this.

Kevin