Re: xap xplhal scripting help (kevin h?)

Neil Wrightson wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I'm starting out in the xAP/xPL thing and I would appreciate reading
> your howto if you wouldn't mind passing it on.
> Could you email it to nwemail@xxxxxxx <mailto:nwemail@xxxxxxx>

Hi Neil,   Have a peek here

and see if this helps getting you started. This was a 'how to' using
CallerID display bridging from xPL to xAP but the ideas the same for
everything. xPLHAL may have changed a bit since then too so the
instructions may need tweaking . If the script isn't attached or isn't
in the subsequent thread /files area then I will see if I have a copy
here still.

I also have a more generic script that places all xPL packets out on xAP
and allows a xPL message to be sent from a xAP schema.  One of the
issues is that the bridge in xPLHAL still needs some extra features to
allow header manipulation from scripts , it's been on the xPLHAL feature
request list for a year + now  . xAP has a richer set of data in the
messages which means that although xPL messages can all be sent as xAP
the reverse is not true, for example xAP address constructs are longer
and hence get truncated on xPL ,  plus xAP has multi level wildcarding
support and multiple message bodies , also the UID field and sub
addressing are not features supported in xPL.   xAP has the flexibility
to support all xPL traffic but xPL can't support all xAP messages,
that's a lot of the reason that using xAP as my main choice works well
for me as I can pick and choose applications from either.

Kevin

> Thanks,
>
> *Neil Wrightson.*
>
> [Neil Wrightson]  -----Original Message-----