Re: X10 Connector and BSC

  • Subject: Re: X10 Connector and BSC
  • From: "hiller131" <hiller131@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:44:16 -0000

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. Here is a BSC info message from the Connector:

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF182001
class=xAPBSC.info
source=ERSP.X10.STEVE:LivingRoom.Television
}
output.state
{
state=?
displaytext=Info: Living room television state unknown
}

Here is an example of what I am trying to send. This may not be exact,
as I am not on the same machine right now but it should give you an
idea.

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF987600
class=xAPBSC.cmd
source=Hiller.Send.Test
Target=ERSP.X10.STEVE:LivingRoom.Television
}
output.state
{
id=*
state=on
}

I have tried playing with the * and > wildcards in the target and on
the id and can't seem to get the connector to respond. I'm sure I'm
missing something very simple but I just can't find it at the moment.
The actual source will end up being the XLobby xAP plugin but I
thought I would test with the Send Program and get the connector
working first.

Thanks,
Steve

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
>     It may be easier if you could post a copy of a BSC message that
the
> connector sends and then I will construct a BSC message to command
it to
> change state. If you are running the correct version you will be
seeing
> messages of class xAPBSC being sent   (xAPBSC.info, xAPBSC.event)
>     So...run the application and change the state of an X10 device
by
> sending it an X10 command from something.  In xAP Viewer you will
see a
> corresponding xapBSC.event message coming from the application each
time
> the device changes state. If you paste one of these to the list
here I
> will use the address information in that to post the appropriate
command
> message.
>
>     Kevin
>
> hiller131 wrote:
>
> >Hey everyone,
> >
> >I reciently downloaded the X10 connector again and tried to send
BSC
> >messages to it but was unable to have the connector see the
messages.
> >I downloaded the GUI connector from Edward's site so I'm pretty
sure
> >it's the newest version. Could someone post a known working
message
> >that I could copy into a text file for testing with
xAPSendMessage? I