Re: Re: Any xAP Girder users?

danward79 wrote:

>--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:
>

>>danward79 wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Just wondering if there is anyone using girder, and if so are
they
>>>using it as part of the xAP setup?
>>>

>>    I use it a bit...   Originally I was linking XLobby via Girder
>>other 'things' but the two way support was not integrated well with
>>XLobby, I also used it with some IR stuff .  Now XLobby has a two
way
>>xAP plugin I have retired it. It had a steepish learning curve but
is
>>very capable - I really should look some more and  I know it would
be a
>>great application to link more tightly with xAP - IIRC the Girder
>>plugins are written in C++ though which is not my forte
>>
>>  Kevin
>>

>Hi Kevin,
>
>I use girder and NetRemote at the moment for all the stuff I currently
>do.  You are right about the steep learning curve.
>
>I think with the power of NetRemote and Girder, it would be a perfect
>partner for xAP.  for example you could then use xAP to link to
>Phidgets thru girder.  Or perhaps NR ---> Girder ---> Siteplayer
LCD (xAP)

>I don't know enough about xAP to think of too many examples, but
>knowing girder well, it would be excellent.  The question is who is
>capable of writing a plugin?! ;-)

Good question !  Anyone out there fancy a go ?

>Is there any commandline tool I could try using in the meantime?  for
>at least one way or possibly two way coms with xAP.

There are a couple of xAP send applications that will allow you to send
an existing text file as a xAP message. The text file should contain the
pure text of the xAP message.  This would allow you to send messages but
I dont know how Girder could get any two way interaction without a
plugin. I will take a look see if there is a sample plugin with source
that I could adapt with my very limited C knowledge. I am assuming LUA
scripting could extract data if it could just get the text of the xAP
message which can't be hard, it's a simple UDP packet receive.

>If you are interested here are some pics of some NetRemote / Girder
>Stuff I have done so far.
>
>http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10592&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
>http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8864&highlight=
>http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6924&highlight=lottery

Really nice !  Would be even nicer if it was integrated two way with xAP
as you say....

Kevin