Re: Newby - Help with Homeseer /xap/ xLobby

Hi Bill,

There are a few problems with that xAP message below - butI am
assuming they are 'typos'   rather than something copy pasted from
Viewer. (UID is wrong length and Class is wrong - should be xAPBSC.event)

Displaying status in XLobby is simply a matter of creating two png
files (one for on and one for off)  in the xap-xlobby directory within
the plugins directory of your XLobby folder.    You name these files
<device>.on.png and <device>.off.png    so in your case these
would be

Outside.GazaboLights.off.png
Outside.GazaboLights.on.png

Now you add some text to any Xlobby screen and edit the text to be

plugin>xap-xlobby>image>Outside.GazaboLights

which would display the appropriate png image  OR

plugin>xap-xlobby>state>output.1

which would display  "On"  or "Off"

Note the image will not display until XLobby receives a .event or .info
message from the device (ie change its state or wait for a periodic status
update)

You can actually create images to match dim levels as well but that is
rather messy currently as you need 100 - something again that I expect to
be eased in the next XLobby plugin release.  Likewise you can display text
from a BSC Text device by using 'text' instead of 'state' or 'image', this
would be useful for say CallerID.  So all three BSC device types are
handled .

Kevin