Re: xAP SwitchBoard beta 2 released

  • Subject: Re: xAP SwitchBoard beta 2 released
  • From: Stuart Booth <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 12:18:17 +0100

James,

Is there anyway to exploit the webserver/image-serving aspects of xSB
for other xAPplications?

For example, when a call comes in the picture URL can be added to
output messages for Photo-CallerID type operations.

Is there any way I can send a message to xSB and have it perform its
name or number lookups to result in an xSB web hosted URL to an
appropriate image file?

Ideally I'd like to be able to pass a text string to xSB and get a URL
back as a response, along with some kind of "not found" type
response.

I wouldn't want the text string input to be restricted to just a
number however, or something that you'd look up in the xSB database.
I'm thinking that if I pass a string, and an image of that same name
(minus any file extension) lives in your xSB "pics" folder, then
I get
a URL to that back again.

Maybe there's some scope for a general image lookup service here? It
could even provide URLs to 'off-site' resources too, with a bit of
additional configuration.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/