Getting Stated Help Please...

  • Subject: Getting Stated Help Please...
  • From: "danward79" <xpl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 20:26:51 -0000

Hi,

I have just started playing with XAP, and am struggle getting to grips
with it.

I have got the xAPTV application and the Weather Application.  I have
also got xAP hub, by Stuart Booth and Patrick Lidstone's xAP-Display.

The weather and the TV app are all configured and I start them after I
start the hub.  I see the msg's from them in the hub, and can also see
them using the viewer.

I have also had a little play with the desktop display, that showed
the tv programs that were on.  Fairly cool.

Now when I load up Patrick's xAP-Display, it does not show in the hub.
How do I get it to show up?  I can see it in the viewer, as
"Rocket->Display->LCD"

Secondly, I have an old serial Milford Instruments LCD (16x2).  I used
to use it with LCDriver, and Girder.  How can I use xap to send some
msg's / info to it?  I assume I need a schema?

Could you please assist me?  I see the potential of xAP, but wanna
have a play first.  I am an avid girder user, so am keen to learn and
experiment.

Cheers, in advance.

Dan