Re: Newby - Help with Homeseer /xap/ xLobby

Bill,

As siliconmeltus mentioned a single wildcard of
mi4.homeseer.servername.*:xxx  seems to work fine. I'm looking in to why
there are issues with *.* It shouldn't make any difference but something
does seem to be stopping it match. I'll look into it and report back.

James

Bill Lott wrote:
> MAYBE I SPOKE TOO SOON! (If after 6 hours it can be too soon....)
>
> Progress and limited success.
>
> I now know the problem - I just don't know how to fix it.
>
> In the xLobby plug-in setup Configuration screen setting General Tab
Box of
> Destination Address for x10 Command if I use
"mi4.homeseer.homeseer.H" it
> works!  (H4 is x10 address of the Hallways Upstairs light I'm trying
> control)  Using the "H: is the answer - before I was trying to
use a default
> of "Master" instead of "H".
>
> Now here's my problem.  I have over 100 devices on all different house
> codes.  Although using the destination address of
"mi4.homeseer.homeseer.H"
> fixes my problems for "H" house codes, how do I setup the
destination
> address to allow for other house codes??????????
>
> I'm getting excited again...
>
> THANKS!!!
> Bill Lott

possibilities
>>of xap and my home automation system.
>>
>>I'm attempting to control lights in the house via
Homeseer/xap/xLobby.

>>I have followed the install and have Homeseer plug-in, GUI Hub, and
>>xLobby plug-in installed. The hub sees activities from both. I'm
sure
>>I omitted something stupid but..
>>
>>If I select "Actions on receipt" within the xLobby
plug-in I get
>>windows opening within xLobby showing Homeseer activities so I know
>>there is a connection between xlobby and Homeseer, but I can't get
any
>>actions from xlobby to work with Homeseer.
>>
>>Under the events tab I have created an event called ceiling light
On