Now: xAPLogger for linux? WAS: xAP newbie - HA oldie!

  • Subject: Now: xAPLogger for linux? WAS: xAP newbie - HA oldie!
  • From: "Mark Harrison (Groups)" <mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 12:57:10 +0100

<adam@xxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>

>>Is there a general "database logging" xAP module?  I tend
to log
>>everything to a database (my way of thinking is that if you know
it, log
>>it - You never know when you might need it again!).  I'm guessing
that
>>database logging would best happen in a separate module, as that
means
>>you have the choice of running it or not.
>>

>MarkH implemented one of those types of xAPplication. Have a look
>here:
>
>http://www.ascentium.co.uk/xap/
>
>xAPLogger is the thing you want.

Indeed I have, though that version is Windows only.

Would any of your linux guys be interested in a xAP database logger for
linux? I have something that could, perhaps be tweaked in Python. (And,
unlike BSCMapper, it's my code rather than Mary's, so a parallel work
stream rather than another call on a limited resource.)

M.