Re: MCxAP - xAP-enable your Windows Media Centre PC !

On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:21:37 +0100, Jon Whiten <jon.whiten@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Looks pretty cool.  ....But..... how do I get it running?

Ah. Yes. I've been meaning to update the documentation and include
some sample test messages with the download. I'm currently heavily
updating my Mail monitoring xAPp which is just having a pretty UI
added to finish it off. I'll get onto some MCxAP dox after this.

To test MCxAP is  working, you should see a KCSoft.MCxAP.<pcname>
node
in xAPViewer if you use that. That's a crucial first step obviously!

Next, to test display output, you can save this message to a .xAP file
and use xAP Send to post it off to interested parties:

xap-header
{
v=12
Hop=1
UID=FF123400
Class=Message.Display
Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
}
Display.Text
{
Line1=You've Got Mail
Line2=Mail has arrived
Duration=30
}
Display.Look
{
Image=http://www.mi4.biz/images/appicons/xapsms.png
Modal=Yes
}
Display.Buttons
{
Button1=OK
}

That'll display a message for 30s or until it gets cancelled. Image
pinched from James' web site as you can tell... ;)

>So far I have a xAP hub on the PC with the Meteor connected and one on
>the MCE PCE.  THe Meteor PC is then running xAPTel and xAP CallerID
>OSD; and MCE is running your MCxAP.  What is missing?

Oh, gosh, xAP CallerID OSD, that's long been due an overhaul if that's
my nobby little applet!

>I am getting xAP messages into and out of both PCs, it is as if I need
>something (scriptable) to translate between xAPTel and MCxAP.

James' xAPSwitchboard is the thing you need rather than the CallerID
OSD thingy. xSB sends out Message.Display messages in response to
xAPTel events, and these are picked up by MCxAP for display.

As a bonus, if you have James latest xSB beta build (that may not have
been uploaded yet) you can tweak the ToSend.txt file to something
along these lines to include an image of the caller (assuming
xAPSwitchboard is configured appropriately):

<start>
Type=slimp3
Target=>
L1=*Direction**LineDescription* Call : *Name*
L2=*LocationSTD*, *Number*
Duration=20
<end>
'<start>
'Type=message.display
'Target=>
'L1=*Direction**LineDescription*: *Name*
'L2=*LocationSTD*, *Number*
'Duration=20
'<end>
<start>
Type=raw:message.display
Target=>
<raw>
display.text
{
Line1=Incoming call from
Line2=*NameCompanyNumber* *locationstd*
Duration=20
}
Display.look
{
image=*picurl*
modal=no
}
</raw>
<end>

Notice how I've commented out, with a single quote character, the
first Type=message.display line. The latter that I've added at the end
of the file takes over from this and allows a more custom message,
including the image parameter.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually received a phone call when my MCE box
has been on in order to test this yet! That's why I'm busy updating
the mail monitoring application as it gets much busier than my
phoneline.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/