Re: Re: xAP Message Rate in Viewer

David Buckley wrote:

>--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:
>

>>Just thought I'd post this tiny  pic of the xAP message rate in
Viewer
>>(attached)
>>

>Cant see it.  What is the number...?

Ahh...  perhaps  your mail filters removed it - anyway was 3382 / minute

This was not just traffic being pushed onto xAP but a true single device
'handshake' exchange using BSC via a PC app (modified BSC Mapper to
support invert ).   Basically I had seven outputs on a xAP Netiom - each
with an LED on them and when 1 went ON it turned 2 OFF which turned 3 ON
etc with 7 controlling 1.  A running light type display.    Hence the PC
app self throttled through the hub as it was event driven.   It's
obviously possible to get many times more traffic than this eg by
running several apps like this at the same time or by just sending non
handshaked data but this sort of shows the speed that BSC 'transactions'
can achieve as it was the only app running.  Each action was effectively
two xAP messages + the app delay   - a xAPBSC.cmd and a corresponding
xAPBSC.event.  So around 25 actions per second I reckon which ties in
with each light going through about 3 states per second as the chain was
7 lights long.

If a remote Viewer is set to display lots of message history it doesn't
keep up with this rate btw, I lowered the displayed message history
buffer. Of course a xAP hub wouldnt normally be displaying any messages
at all so no issues here. Also I expect that a typical busy xAP network
would be a couple of orders of magnitude lower than this anyway !

Kevin

I think I'm right in saying that at 3K3 packets * 1K5 bytes is approx
840Kbits per sec on 100M bps Ethernet  this is still less than 1%
utilisation so insignificant.