Re: xAP Switchboard Beta 1 released

The best way forward here is to make Switchboard multi line capable.
Most of it is already, and it does currently have different queues for
incoming and outgoing calls. The database logs the source address of
each call, and from the settings file you can give each different source
a different icon, so really it's only the xAP routines to update,
shouldn't be too hard.

James

Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I have replied on list as I think your question is probably useful to
> all...

> There's always one with an unusual setup isn't there ;-) - actually
> that makes two of us......
>
> xAPTel will support two serial devices but this is intended for one
> CID device and one dialler (eg a spare modem). It will also support a
> Pegasus unit using one serial port as both a CID device and dialler.
> You can't connect two CID devices to one xAPTel. However there's good
> news and not so good news....first the good, you can just run two
> instances of xAPTel - you would have to install xAPTel twice to
> different directories such that the settings files were not in
> conflict and set each xAP UID and source address to be different -
> each identifying the line name or number, lastly manualy add a second
> shortcut to the xAP menu. Haven't tried this but it should work - let
> me know if it doesn't.
>
> The not so good news currently for multi line operation is that xAP
> Switchboard does not separate the call progress information so you
> will get interleaved data logged. This won't be a problem if the calls
> don't overlap but will whenever both lines are in use at the same
> time, in fact I am sure it will cause considerable confusion to xAP
> Switchboard. For it to work as I suspect you would 'hope' then you
> would need multiline support in xAP Switchboard. One for later
> releases I expect. It perhaps would be possible (with a small
> modification) to run two xAP Switchboards on different machines and
> tie each to a specific Caller ID unit. James.. can I target your app
> to achieve this or perhaps you could add a source filter ? One other
> issue is that when you dial back a caller from the xAPSwitchboard web
> pages it will probably dial out on both (all) lines currently as well
> ...as it just issues a wildcarded dial command, again a xAPTel
> source/target filter could help here. BTW it will also apply dtmf
> tones on the line regardless of any call already in progress.
>
> NB for everyone. .. One thing we have noted .. if you use xAPTel and
> xAP Switchboard together on the same machine then make sure you
> disable the balloon call progress indicator in xAPTel as it interacts
> with the same feature in xAPSwitchboard, and xAPSwitchboard has richer
> detail to display anyway.
>
> Kevin
>

> Paul Gale wrote:
>
>> Just got it working with tts and desktop etc – remarkably easy to
setup J

>> Where can I find the xAP Speech schema – I want to set the volume
etc?

>> Paul.

Dialling