Re: SllimServer 6.x

  • Subject: Re: SllimServer 6.x
  • From: Stuart Booth <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:10:47 +0100

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:19:09 +0100, James <james@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm jsut playing with this again. I installed v1.2.8.17 and am running
>Slimserver 6.1.0 - 3085.
>Firstly, display is nearly working. I'm seeing displays come up for the
>correct time, scrolling as needed and even getting changes in
>brightness.

Cool, that does sound like it was a broken display system in the
SlimServer then.

>Display.SliMP3
>{
[munch]
>}
>
>ends up with this:
>
>xap-header
>{
>    v=12
>    hop=1
>    uid=FF190801
>    class=message.Display.Info
>    source=KCSoft.SliMP3.willow:monitor
>    target=mi4.news.server:CNN
>}
[snip]

Oh dear, that's not quite right. The latest SlimServerConnector
supports your Class=Message.Display schema as you can see from the
.Info message it's sending out when the message gets displayed. It
appears as though it isn't converting from the old SliMP3 display
schema to the new one successfully.

If you wanted to dump use of the old schema and just stick with
Message.Display you *may* get on better. I'll test that out later
though.

>and I get line 1+2 displayed for 60 seconds then 3+4 for the next 60.

Ummm, not sure why that is. I'll look into it.

>Playlist.Notification
>{
>    status=71
>    query=tracks
>}
>
>at track changes?  is this correct, I do seem to be getting alot more
>messages coming out than i remember esp at track changes but this was
>the odd one that stuck out.

Pass, not sure, I'll check into it.

// Plonk, Clang, Shudder
// <The sounds of Stuart's ToDo list getting refreshed>

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/