Re: SllimServer 6.x

  • Subject: Re: SllimServer 6.x
  • From: James <james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:19:09 +0100

Stuart Booth wrote:

>Hmmm, OSD seems to be broken in v6.0x. It appears on the Slim but
>disappears as soon as the screen is next updated.
>
>For instance, if the Slim is showing the time, then the OSD lasts for
>a split second and gets wiped by the next time update. Same when it's
>playing a song.
>
>Don't suppose anybody has seen any mention of this phenomena on the
>Slim lists? I'll have to resubscribe and see if there's any mention of
>it. I think I'm doing everything correctly.
>
>If you want to try the latest build it's now online here:
>
><http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=25>
>
>It's only had cursory testing and definitely needs more work, but
>operates better than before.

Stuart,
I'm jsut playing with this again. I installed v1.2.8.17 and am running
Slimserver 6.1.0 - 3085.
Firstly, display is nearly working. I'm seeing displays come up for the
correct time, scrolling as needed and even getting changes in
brightness. A couple of odd things though
For example this message:

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF234817
class=xAP-OSD.Display
source=mi4.news.server:CNN
}
Display.SliMP3
{
line1=CNN.com : Senators press for vote on U.N. nominee
line2=Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee and fellow
Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona joined forces Tuesday to portray
Democrats as obstructionists to the nomination of John Bolton as U.S.
ambassador to the United Nations, pressing the urgency of filling the
post with the president's pick.
duration=60
}

ends up with this:

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF190801
class=message.Display.Info
source=KCSoft.SliMP3.willow:monitor
target=mi4.news.server:CNN
}
Display.Text
{
line1=News Alert
line2=CNN.com
line3=Senators press for vote on U.N. nominee
duration=60
line4=Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee and fellow
Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona joined forces Tuesday to portray
Democrats as obstructionists to the nomination of John Bolton as U.S.
ambassador to the United Nations, pressing the urgency of filling the
post with the president's pick.
}

and I get line 1+2 displayed for 60 seconds then 3+4 for the next 60.

I'm also seeing lots of:
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF190801
class=xAP-Audio.Query
source=KCSoft.SliMP3.server:monitor
}
Playlist.Notification
{
status=71
query=tracks
}

at track changes?  is this correct, I do seem to be getting alot more
messages coming out than i remember esp at track changes but this was
the odd one that stuck out.

Anyways, looks like slimps displays are working again woohoo

James

(it's always xAP News that breaks things isn't it!)